Official opening of the Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre 'Dojo – Stara Wies'
We are pleased to announce that on 10 October 2009 we are planning the official opening of the Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre 'Dojo – Stara Wies'. The centre is currently being built in the village Stara Wieś located in central Poland. This event will be combined with the central ceremony of the 90th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations between Japan and Poland. On that occassion we will also host the 5th Traditional Karate ITKF World Cup. The ceremony will be hosted under the honorary patronage of Mr. Lech Walesa – former President of the Republic of Poland, laureate of the Nobel Peace Prize (1983).
8 October 2009 (Thursday)
- Visit in Lodz – host of the 2012 ITKF World Championship
1. Official appointment between representatives the ITKF Board of Directors and the authorities of Lodz City
2. Visit at the Sport Hall ARENA – 2012 ITKF World Championship site
3. Official lunch of all participants of the World Cup with the authorities of Lodz City
- ITKF World Cup Refresher Course for the World Cup participants ('Dojo - Stara Wies')
9 October 2009 (Friday)
- ITKF World Cup Refresher Course for the World Cup participants (morning, 'Dojo - Stara Wies')
- Trip for the World Cup participants (afternoon)
10 October 2009 (Saturday)
morning - 5th Traditional Karate ITKF World Cup 2009 - elimination matches
- Official Opening of the Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre 'Dojo - Stara Wies'
- Ceremony of the 90th anniversary of establishing diplomatic relations between Japan and Poland
- 5th Traditional Karate ITKF World Cup 2009 – final matches
- Sayonara Party
Entry to the ceremony only for the invited guests.
More information about 5th Traditional Karate ITKF World Cup
At the moment we are trying to get approval from Nishiyama Sensei's family to to give our centre the name of Sensei Hidetaka Nishiyama, who passed away on 7 October 2008. He was the initatiator of the idea to build such a place in Poland and always supported our work and efforts.
'Dojo – Stara Wies' will serve as the World Educational Budo Centre. Once Sensei Hidetaka Nishiyama wrote: 'Budo is a treasure of human culture that has been handed down through hundred of years as a priceless heritage. This valuable body of knowledge shows us the way to seek perfection of self through physical, mental and spiritual training. It is our responsibility to protect and preserve Budo for future generations'. We will continue the tradition.
Our Budo Centre is a well-known enterprise worldwide. We especially appreciate support from Mr. Hirofumi Nakasone – current Minister of Foreign Affairs of Japan. On 7 July 2008 Mr. Nakasone during the official appointment with the Polish Minister of Sport and Tourism Mr. Miroslaw Drzewiecki pointed out that the official opening of the Japanese Martial Arts and Sports Centre "Dojo – Stara Wies" should be joined with the central ceremony of the 90th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Poland and Japan (more information).
The greater amount of funds to complete the building stage comes from the Ministry of Sport and Tourism. We also received Japanese grants twice, from which the first one has been used to purchase the original Japanese roof imported from Japan and the second one – cultural grant has been spent for the sport equipment (tatami).